[mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 27 00:46:06 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: <stephen at jsw.gen.nz>; "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

>I have also come to the conclusion that a separate beackend is the way to go.

Yes I'm attracted to this conclusion also - which then asks the question what is currently the minimum CPU / RAM requirement for a
backend (with no frontend) ?    While I haven't tried yet I expect a single core 2000 would be underutilised, presuming no
commflagging is sought.  A 1000 or less also may still be fine?  Anyone?

Also the HDHomeruns I recall only use a 100M NIC and they stream TV3 fine using UDP with network rates upto 14mbps, according to
their GUI.