[mythtvnz] MultiRec Turned Off?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 24 11:11:27 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: David Lowe
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] MultiRec Turned Off?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>HTH someone else!

>Actually... while grateful for the effort you have put in,

my efforts are minimal when compared to what others have done for open source - and my "helpers"

>I have to say - it scares the cr*p out of me!

Its just a part of the nix eternal learning curve....

>Currently, I am happy on dvb-s (and analogue for Sky) but contemplating making the leap to dvb-t one day.. but it seems so
>difficult. With dvb-s, all I need is EIT and/or the tv-grab thing and it's all good. Easy to set up and very reliable.

Yes.

>Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how come it's so much harder in the dvb-t world?

Because the 7 day data is only broadcast on DVB-S and not DVB-T - so it (currently) has to be got from some where else...

I was planning to run up DVB-S sometime for the broadcast EPG data, perhaps someone already runs both simultaneously?  Presumably it
works ok?  Have you considered this (using both) as an option?