[mythtvnz] PCI Extenders

Graeme Ruthven graeme at etc.gen.nz
Mon Feb 22 06:30:04 GMT 2010

I have a MythTV box based on a VIA EPIA card. This is currently mounted in a
mid-tower box, so I can only run one of the two tuner cards I have.

I recently acquired a pre-loved Silverstone case with horizontal expansion
slots, and already have a VIA dual riser card.

The problem is that my motherboard has its PCI slot in the position one
would normally find an AGP slot.

As far as I can tell the solution is to use a couple of PCI extenders like
the ones under the heading Travla C137 on this page:
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=8

Can anyone point me at a stockist for these in New Zealand?

Regards
Graeme
Graeme Ruthven
At Work: This space intentionally blank