[mythtvnz] Time problem

steve steve at greengecko.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 01:02:19 GMT 2010

ntp clients *do* fix things, but there's a limit to how much change they
will make - over that and it'll give up.

As an extreme solution, drop ntp and add the following to the root
crontab...

* * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate nz.pool.ntp.org

to check every minute...

*/5 * * * * /usr/sbin/ntpdate nz.pool.ntp.org

for every 5 minutes, etc.

However, it may be an idea to get to the root of why your clock is
drifting... battery stuffed?, or adding clock=pmtmr to the kernel line
of menu.lst may address the problem.

hth,

Steve