[mythtvnz] MultiRec Turned Off?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 21 03:17:57 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] MultiRec Turned Off?

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I have 2 500T, comprising 4 tuners each with 5 virtual tuners set, yet for some reason multirec does not seem to work, that is I
> can
> only seem to get one channel from each tuner. There are 20 encoders in mythweb. I cannot find a setting that turns off multirec.
> Tonight I have a recording conflict as I am trying to record 5 overlapping things.... I cannot find a setting about this, as best
> can tell setting 2 or more virtual tuners turns multirec on and nothing should turn it off then? (Mythbuntu 23565)
>
> Can anyone suggest how its turned itself off or where to look to move this forwards?

>Multirec is turned on by setting more than one recording per real
tuner, ie you have it turned on already.

>How are your 5 recordings distributed through the various multiplexes?

In the scope of the problem it doesn't actually matter as each channel is being sent to the next tuner, which it shouldn't as I
understand it.  It should only go to the next tuner when its on a new multiplex.

>I am not sure how many terrestrial multiplexes there are.

Only three.  (48, 50 and 59)  With it working three tuners should be enough for recording all Freeview channels simultaneously,
hardware limits possibly relevant here.  (Hence why I say "scope of the problem")

>And when you say 'overlapping' do you mean 'simultaneous'? Or one
following another but with overlap to catch extra at beginning and
end?

The specifics are TV1, 2, C4,Maori all from 8.30 and Prime at 8.35 onwards...  Does that help?  TV1 is deemed to overlap and seems
to have a system assigned recording priority of -1!  All my mythweb recording priorities default to 0.