[mythtvnz] MultiRec Turned Off?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Feb 21 02:57:35 GMT 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:35:45 +1300, you wrote:

>I have 2 500T, comprising 4 tuners each with 5 virtual tuners set, yet for some reason multirec does not seem to work, that is I can
>only seem to get one channel from each tuner.  There are 20 encoders in mythweb.  I cannot find a setting that turns off multirec.
>Tonight I have a recording conflict as I am trying to record 5 overlapping things....  I cannot find a setting about this, as best I
>can tell setting 2 or more virtual tuners turns multirec on and nothing should turn it off then?   (Mythbuntu 23565)
>
>Can anyone suggest how its turned itself off or where to look to move this forwards?

Does "Information Center/System Status/Tuner Status" show all 20
tuners?  If so, then multirec should be working.  I wonder if there is
a setting somewhere for the maximum number of recordings that can
happen at once.  I am sure it would be possible to record so much that
a single hard disk could not cope with the traffic, so such a setting
would be a useful thing, especially if it could be set per hard disk.