[mythtvnz] OT: Recommended wiring scheme and RJ-45 connectors for Lexcom (Cat7) cable

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 16 10:45:28 GMT 2010

James Gray wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM,  <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
>> yuri wrote:
>>> On my budget, I'd use cat5e, but I can understand wealthier people
>>> using cat7 for future proofing. I may come to regret my cat5e in 10
>>> years when I need a higher spec for some as yet uninvented use.
>> In ten years I'd go "bugger there's a job for the weekend" and replace it.
>>
>> Mind you in ten years it'll be cheap as cat5 now.
>>

> Depending on how many walls you have to cut open, reline, replaster,
> and redecorate to get the cable in. Try a two storey lockwood home?

Another drawback from choosing a house by looks rather than by features.
Concrete slab floor, concrete block walls, etc etc.

Those of us who planned ahead live in a house with an underfloor crawl
space and an accessible ceiling space.  I'm also on cable and have fibre
coming past the door soon.

Location^3

--
Criggie