[mythtvnz] Looking for Hardware

Craig Whitmore lennon at orcon.net.nz
Tue Feb 16 09:36:13 GMT 2010

> Computer Lounge do the Zotac's 330 for $349,
> http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentlist.asp?parttypeid=532&t=2

The best place I found was the mini-box.com.au and shipping is not that
expensive as getting it from the States.

I nice alternative to the Zotac board which is the Intel D945GSEJ
Motherboard which has DVI Out. PCI Riser, PCIe Slot (for Broadcom
Accelerator PCIe Card as the video card is not nvidia and the PCIe will
do the acceleration, eUSB .....

Well in xbmc at the moment its supported kind of and hopefully soon
mythtv

This will also all fix in a M350 Case which they can supply

All you need is a 12V Power Adapter+Memory+Storage (see below)

The board has a header for a eUSB SSD Card..
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=7075 if you really want
to go that far and 4G ones aren't that expensive...

But yet again I cannot find NZ sources for the D945GSEJ, eUSB SSD or
CrystalHD PCIe cards (well there is one for $50 on trademe at the
moment)

Thanks
Craig