[mythtvnz] nuvexport of HD recordings

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Mon Feb 15 09:20:36 GMT 2010

On 15/02/10 9:53 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen wrote:
> Does lossless transcoding to remove ads work on NZ recordings?  Can you
> tell me what to do to get this working?

Setup > TV Settings > Recording Profiles > Transcoders

When you queue the job later, you only have access to High Medium & Low
quality profiles, so I set my High Quality to use lossless.

Then with a recording I manually edit a cut list.  I don't trust the
auto comm flagging to do it for me (but you can call up the auto list
using z if you like - I find it more trouble than it's worth). Once the
cutlist is set, then you call up the info menu (i) > Job Options > Begin
Transcoding > High Quality.

I do this for any recordings I'm going to process with Handbrake for
longer term storage.

  - Wade