[mythtvnz] Looking for Hardware

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 14 03:24:49 GMT 2010

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> nicegear have the N330 but its really expensive compared to overseas..
> Is there any place is NZ which sells these types of things?

I went through this recently with some quiet cooling fans.
Cheapest one I found was $37 +$10 freight on trademe.
So I bought two from quietpc.co.uk for 6 pounds each plus 2 pounds
shipping.   Which totalled $27 NZ.

On the other hand, work bought an ATA from Patton in Australia.
We got stung from GST and import duty, and an $800 item ended up being
around $1350 and took a month to clear customs.

Plus- imagine the cost of returning anything for a warranty claim.
These are the hidden costs and risks which an importer takes care of for
you.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/