[mythtvnz] New Backend / Existing Frontends

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 13 19:37:29 GMT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] New Backend / Existing Frontends

>You are confusing the mysql user name to log into the database
(mythtv) and the system user who runs mythfrontend (mylogon).

>This is how mythbuntu is set up.

>However you may have run into this bug, which I thought had been fixed
in later versions:

>mythbuntu runs the backend as user mythtv and the frontend as the
user you create on installation (in my case 'nick'). When you set up
the grabber in mythtv-setup, it puts the config file in
/home/nick/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv (where nick is the user and Freeview
is the video source name you allocated). The trouble is that the
backend running as mythtv does not look in nick's home directory, it
looks in its own, ending up with an error 512 (FAILED: xmltv returned
error code 512.) when mythfilldatabase is run.

>I fixed it with a link, ie:

>nick at media:~$ ls -l /home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mythtv root 33 2008-05-29 22:34
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv ->
/home/nick/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

>But as I say I thought this problem had been sorted a while ago.

Seems that in JYA's fixes 23473 its not fixed yet.