[mythtvnz] Two 500T's and Live TV

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 00:34:30 GMT 2010

On 11 February 2010 13:12, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

{cut}

> As 5 virtual tuners can be used and as there are 5 channels on one mux that one might (I agree unlikely) want to simultaneously
> record and as any mux might be used to pull those 5 and as I've not seen anything about a problem selecting 5 I use 5 each.  Is that
> as you'd see it too?

Yes, I believe that number is in reality only related to the
throughput of various components (buses, hard drives, etc) and if your
hardware is capable of pushing that data through to disk - there
should be no problems.
I have mine set to 3 encoders (virtual tuners) per physical one.

kind regards
Pshem