[mythtvnz] Two 500T's and Live TV

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 10 23:01:26 GMT 2010

I decided to install 2 x 500T's, which gives me 4 mux's.

When using LiveTV one can select any channel.  No problem.

When a channel is recording on Mux0 one can only get, using LiveTV, the channels on that mux.

I can change the LiveTV tuner, using the OSD menu, to get a tuner that's not yet committed to a mux and get all channels again,
however other users don't understand that so well and its a nuisance to do.

As we have 3 mux's here in NZ it seems sensible to use free tuner(s) for LiveTV and record on the other 3 however I've not figured
out how one directs to the appropriate tuners/mux's by default.  (In mythweb one can manually select a tuner to record with)

Ideally one wants recording mux's to start at one end (say mux3, mux2, mux1, mux0) and have FE users start LiveTV on mux0, mux1,
mux2 etc  Obviously this is not full extensible either however it would be significantly better than how I have it now and unlikely
to be an issue very often.

Has anyone tried to do this?