[mythtvnz] Select sound track

John Russell john at enuffsaid.co.nz
Mon Feb 1 04:39:43 GMT 2010

Hello all,
Is there a way of storing a preference for an audio track in a channel while
watching live TV?

TV3 has both an AAC audio channel and an AC3 audio channel. MythTV seems to
prefer the AC3 channel, whereas I want it to use the AAC channel because on my
system  AC3 is a lot quieter.

I've searched this list, and the MythTV list, but there doesn't seem to be any
way of doing this.

Before I go looking for a way to modify the source-code to select AAC only,
I'm curious to know what everyone else is doing to make TV3 sound about the
same level as the other channels. Surely everyone isn't just putting up with
this and adjusting volume each time they change channels, or are they?

Thanks
John