[mythtvnz] Audio Synch

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Fri Dec 24 03:55:59 GMT 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:00:25 you wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 24 December 2010 12:11, James Booth <james at booths.net.nz> wrote:
> > Since moving to 0.24 I have had a lot of problems with bad audio synch,
> > usually out by between 50 to 120ms. Probably half of what I watch is out.
> > can't seem to resolve it, and am getting tired of having to adjust the
synch
> > on everything. Anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > I'm using a GT220 through HDMI, but audio is going out through on-board
> > digital to an amp.
>
> Are you using ALSA or Pulse?
>
> Where do you get your 0.24 packages from? or are you building from source?
>
> You can now adjust the sync per frontend ,you hdmi amp should also
> have a global sync delay you can adjust.
>
> There will probably always be a bit a a/v delay with hdmi, but
> provided it's constant you can adjust it so it doesn't bother you
> anymore

Hi JYA,

I'm using ALSA, and using your repository. The trouble I'm having is that the
delay is not consistent - sometimes its spot-on, while the worst I've had is
120ms, and usually it's between 50 and 80ms. Video is via GT220 HDMI, but
audio is going out through the motherboard S/PDIF connector. Between the on-
board sound card, on-board HDMI, and GT220 card I have more audio output
options available in Myth than I can shake a proverbial at. Have tried a
variety of them and it is always the same.