[mythtvnz] Audio Synch

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 02:00:25 GMT 2010

Hi

On 24 December 2010 12:11, James Booth <james at booths.net.nz> wrote:
> Since moving to 0.24 I have had a lot of problems with bad audio synch,
> usually out by between 50 to 120ms. Probably half of what I watch is out. I
> can't seem to resolve it, and am getting tired of having to adjust the synch
> on everything. Anyone else have this problem?
>
> I'm using a GT220 through HDMI, but audio is going out through on-board
> digital to an amp.

Are you using ALSA or Pulse?

Where do you get your 0.24 packages from? or are you building from source?

You can now adjust the sync per frontend ,you hdmi amp should also
have a global sync delay you can adjust.

There will probably always be a bit a a/v delay with hdmi, but
provided it's constant you can adjust it so it doesn't bother you
anymore