[mythtvnz] File system (XFS?) for new disk?

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 21 07:50:34 GMT 2010

I'm about to add a new 2TB disk to my system and I'm leaning towards XFS
after quite a bit of googling. Doesn't seem like EXT4 is quite mature
enough yet and seems that although EXT3 is very mature XFS is also quite
mature but faster/better than EXT3 for large files. Anyone got any
comments (pros or cons) about file systems for myth video storage? I'm
using NTFS for video storage disks/partitions at the moment but only
because I migrated from MediaPortal to MythTV. OS version is Ubuntu
10.04 LTS and myth version is 0.23+fixes.