[mythtvnz] Mythconverg restore script only doing partial restore on 10.04 to 10.10 upgrade

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sat Dec 18 23:20:23 GMT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade from Mythbuntu 10.04 to 10.10.

I have a pretty standard set of steps that I go through during an
upgrade, which basically involves running mythconverg_backup.pl,
installing and then running mythconverg_restore.pl.

Normally that brings me back to where I was. For some reason, on this
upgrade it only seems to be bringing in the recordings, but not the
settings. I'm not overly keen on resetting up the tuners, channels
(which is a pain as you have to map the DVB-T channels to the downloaded
EPG with some voodoo I can't remember) etc.

Does anyone know why this upgrade would restore any less than previous
ones?

Normally I just reinstall the root partition and leave home there and
alone on the other partition. This time I tried to install to a new HDD.
Is there any reason that would make a difference?

Thanks,

Aaron