[mythtvnz] 50Hz vs 60Hz refresh rate

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Dec 18 20:57:54 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 19:47 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 17 December 2010 15:08, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> > And ..
> > PC monitors typically do not support any 50Hz mode.
>
> They may not report it in their EDID, but most of the ones I've tried
> with a custom modeline, do work at 50Hz.
>
> That includes my 20 and 24" Dell LCD monitor

Using work PC winXP nvidia 256..custom modeline.
LG 24" 1920x1200 hdmi would not work with custom modeline 50Hz.

This was only a 15min play using the nvidia modeline generator.

Can you post your custom 50Hz modeline ?

side note: this LG monitor shows POST startup output in YUV colourspace
probably due to hdmi connection.

So we now need to reprogram the EDID eeprom in the displays..
How soon do we need to start changing the firmware to make them work
correctly..