[mythtvnz] mythtv-0-23 svn URL

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:57:06 GMT 2010

> But svn is easier to use for non-coders.

Maybe take a look at:
http://whygitisbetterthanx.com

Honestly I'm not a fanboy, git truly is better than svn in most cases and it's a useful skill-set to have.

> How do you determine the version/revision of the git source ?

Revisions: Git doesn't use incremental commit numbers, every commit has a unique SHA1 sum.
Versions: Most people use tags to mark an important milestone in Git.

If you take a look at the commit log for a particular branch, it's usually pretty clear whats going on:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/0.23

And if you want to checkout a particular commit:

git checkout c548468c45f14df050e75696345966f8375df26c

> Is there any obvious relationship between the git & svn
> revisions/commits.

Don't think so. Could be wrong though.

> I imagine any svn source will be a direct copy from git.

Depends how the MythTV devs have decided to do it.