[mythtvnz] FrontEnds Controlling Audio Mains Power

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Dec 13 09:49:26 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 15:09 +1300, Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
> Err I use RGB/VGA just fine for HD resolutions.
>
> HDMI = required for 1080P/I is bunk - VGA cables do just fine for the
> required bandwidth and standard distances.

It is not the bandwidth problem excepting the ADC in the analogue input
stage.
VGA is fine to much higher resolutions than single link HDMI as long as
the A-D conversions are ignored.

TVs/set-top-boxes/games-consoles/upscaling-DVD-players from last 5 yrs
(guessing time frame) have not allowed analogue HD.