[mythtvnz] LATM TV3 stuttering....

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Fri Dec 3 08:59:19 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 21:25 +1300, Kelvin Smith wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Just wondering.  My Media PC on TV3 has started to exhibit the following
> symptons:
> 1) When selecting LATM 2 ch, it mostly effectively mutes, or
> 2) if I do get sound, then the sound goes stuttery, and the picture is
> jerky.
>
> I haven't changed anything with the media box in the last 3-6 months.
> If this only me, or are others having the same issue.
> Main reason that I need to change is there is still a large difference
> between AC3 and LATM volume on TV3 with 0.23.1.
>
> Is this just me, or are others experiencing this?

Not quite the same & also not any more..
Seriously consider the recently re-activated JYA 0.23 fixes if compiling
is not your thing.
For me.. 2 or 3 month old 0.23 was problematic switching between AC3 &
AAC; muting & bad AV sync.
Had to restart playback 2 or 3 times to fix.

Using digital pass thru the volume difference AC3-AAC is minor when no
upmix or downmix. Leave 2 ch as 2 ch and leave 5.1 as 5.1.
I think the up/down mix is not quite right.

The recent 0.23+fixes 27373 is very stable. No more audio problems
& DVD playback seems better.