[mythtvnz] Serial IR blaster on USB to serial cable

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:39:27 BST 2010

On 27/08/10 13:30, David Zanetti wrote:
> FTDI FT232* USB Serial chip in bit-bang mode is more than capable of
> doing this. It would be an interesting project to make it work. libftdi
> may help you in this regard :)

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice, it might serve someone with greater technical
expertise some benefit.  I managed to find a serial port bracket for my
MB header and just fitted it.  Now it comes to configuring it.  The
default hardware.conf file generated seems to be fine, I just need to
adjust the remote config file to suit.  The easiest way to do that would
be to record the keypresses wouldn't it?

Regards

Ross