[mythtvnz] DVB-S no lock when scanning channels on 12483 but 12456 is ok.

Bob . maillists.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 12:24:28 BST 2010

Howdy.

I'm trying to set up a friends Freeview satellite myth box but am
having trouble getting all the channels.

I've set up the capture card and LNB, then the video source using the
eit from the satellite.

I then do a channel scan on the 12456000 frequency.  That works fine,
I get about 15 channels including TV3, Prime, etc.

I then do a channel scan on the 12483000 frequency.  That does not
work.  I get a 'No Lock' message even though the signal strength is
95% and the SNR fluctuates between half-way and full on the bar (just
like 12456000).  No channels are found.

For both transponders I'm using the details found here:
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/digital-tv/

I successfully get guide data for the channels that I find off of the
first transponder.

I've also had a look at the settings on a STB which is successfully
tuning channels from both channels.  The settings that I can see
(can't find anything for FEC or Inversion) agree with what I'm using
in myth.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks.