[mythtvnz] Recent FreeviewHD DVB-T "reception" issues on TV3/Prime

lists at whitehouse.org.nz lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Mon Aug 9 03:52:35 BST 2010

Hello all,

I've been using FreeviewHD with VDPAU and a Hauppauge HVR 2200 for quite
some time without incident.

Since Friday last week, TV3 and Prime have shown some moderately-bad
issues (multicoloured squares taking up large amounts of the screen, motion
moving through previous pictures (suggesting to me that a keyframe has been
lost) and other issues that remind me of Sky digital in appalling weather)
in recorded programs and Live TV. I haven't seen the issues on the other
channels. There was bad weather on Saturday, but it seems to still be bad
this morning when the weather was fine (only on those channels). Nothing
has changed at a hardware level. At some point, my Linux kernel appears to
have updated itself as a security update (though I hadn't updated when it
started).

I would be keen to hear if anyone else has had any issues, or if you know
of anything that TV3 and Prime have in common that One and TV2 (the other
channels that I watch frequently) do not. I can always up the masthead
amplifier, but it wasn't necessary prior to this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron