[mythtvnz] Infrared Receivers

David Kirk davidrkirk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 06:15:30 BST 2010

Hey,

I need some help getting a remote working with MythTV.  I've got a Logitech
Harmony 515 programmable remote.  I've got it working with my TV and home
theatre system.  It's great.  I can just press the button to watch TV and it
will turn on the TV and the home theatre systems and set them both to the
right inputs.  Now all I need to do is set it up to work my MythTV box.

I got a remote ages ago that came with a usb infrared receiver, but I can't
seem to get it to see any commands from the remote.  It has a little red LED
that flashes when it sees an infrared signal, but it doesn't trigger
anything on MythTV.  This is what lsusb says about the infrared receiver.

  Bus 003 Device 003: ID 046d:c016 Logitech, Inc. M-UV69a/HP M-UV96 Optical
Wheel Mouse
  Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0419:0001 Samsung Info. Systems America, Inc. IrDA
Remote Controller
In MythTV I have configured it to use 'Samsung USB IR Receiver'.

Does anyone know how I can get this infrared receiver to work with this
remote?  If not, can someone please recommend an infrared receiver that will
work for me?

Thanks

David Kirk