[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 05:33:46 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Steven Ellis <steven at openmedia.co.nz>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry. freeview NZ, and also freeview in the UK, are using TV Anytime to
>> provide series link capability. The data is in the EIT and MHEG streams.
>
> Do you have any detail on the implementation? I had a look on the website
> but ran into a bunch of broken links.

you need to read the Important Notice!

<quote>Depending on the settings of your firewall or proxy server, you
might experience problems accessing the documents on the FTP site of
the TV-Anytime Forum using the direct links provided on this website.
In some cases, the configuration of your browser may also prevent you
from opening the files.

If you do encouter problems, try accessing the documents on the FTP
server of the TV-Anytime Forum through either of the following links:

    * ftp://tva:tva@ftp.bbc.co.uk
    * ftp://tva:tva@ftp.bbc.co.uk/pub/

In case both of the above links won't work, you have to log on to the
FTP site using a FTP client (such as WSftp, CuteFTP, etc.) with
username 'tva' and password 'tva'.</quote>

But even then finding anything useful is hard work!

maybe this link is better:

http://www.etsi.org/website/technologies/tvanytime.aspx