[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Apr 30 03:31:10 BST 2010

On Thu, April 29, 2010 11:55 pm, Solor Vox wrote:
> Just added some more code... Added support for xmltv channel ID
> remapping, now defaults to *.freeviewnz.tv.  Added command line
> arguments to override default values and license text.  Also updated
> the release download link.
>
> Let me know of anything else that would be helpful.  I'm thinking that
> there might be a way to pull data from the tuners directly from
> mythtv.  Since mythtv has built-in rb-browser to view the MHEG stream
> while watching TV.  So maybe I can hook directly in and not need
> exclusive use of the tuner.

Nice work. Starting to look a lot better.

One request would be for the channel id and display name entries at the
start of the file to make it more xmltv compliant.

Also if you apply the following diff it will sort out the Kordia freeview
hd channel

*** mheg2xmltv.sh.orig	2010-04-30 14:26:29.000000000 +1200
--- mheg2xmltv.sh	2010-04-30 14:28:05.000000000 +1200
***************
*** 43,48 ****
--- 43,49 ----
  PRIME,prime.freeviewnz.tv
  ChineseTV8,ctv8.freeviewnz.tv
  tvCentral,tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv
+ Freeview | HD,freeviewhd.freeviewnz.tv
  RadioNZ National,rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
  RadioNZ Concert,rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
  BaseFM,base-fm.freeviewnz.tv'

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz