[mythtvnz] New program notifications

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Tue Apr 27 09:42:01 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 12:42 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Another list is easy to set up, but runs the risk of being "unknown"
> for new people coming along, and of course doubles the admin overhead
> of getting it going.
>
> There is a feature of the mailman software that I've never used,
> topics, which might be ideal for this ...

Thanks Jim, interesting feature that I didn't know about.

I see a some people for and some against which is understandable.

I've been thinking some more and perhaps a web feed would be a better
option, that way people subscribe to it specifically. It won't have as
much exposure which isn't as good for the crowd catching replacements
needed but will still be useful.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier