[mythtvnz] Best Dual tuner dvb-t pcie-e?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Apr 27 07:45:51 BST 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:00:41 +1200, you wrote:

>On 27 April 2010 16:51, Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > So if you do find a dual DVB-T PCIe card that says it has Linux
>> > support, check it out very carefully.  It still may not work until you
>> > are on a newer kernel and newer MythTV version.
>>
>> Ok so pci-e == wait
>>
>> What about standard pci ?
>>

>I got one of these and it "just worked".
>
>http://ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=373799
>
>This is on Mythbuntu 9.10 and 10.04 RC.

Yes, I have one of those and it has been good.  But what is delivered
now is actually a Nova TD-500.  The old version in that picture is no
longer made.  The new one has two aerial inputs for its "diversity"
function.  I found that I had occasional recording glitches until I
used a splitter and gave it two aerial inputs.  Since then the
performance has been excellent.  Both versions work fine with current
kernel/V4L.  There was one other version made, only for a short time,
and mostly delivered in the UK only.  It does not work with Linux, so
a little care is needed when getting second hand ones of these.  New
stock is all the new TD-500 version.