[mythtvnz] New program notifications

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Mon Apr 26 23:15:52 BST 2010

Hi all,

I now have a process which runs each day checking the listings and
seeing what is on for the next week.

I was wondering whether the list would be interested in getting a daily
summary email with new programs (by title) which have been added to the
EPG in the last 24 hours.

This would have a couple of uses;

* People can find new shows they want to record as they come on.

* Allow us as a crowd to catch programs which need a title replacement
so as not to mess up recording rules e.g. "Lost: The Final Season" to
"Lost" or "MasterChef New Zealand: The Grand Final" to "MasterChef New
Zealand" (I caught this one the other day as it happens).

On the other hand people might not want to increase the list noise with
a daily email.

Thoughts?

hads

P.S. It looks like C42 has now got guide data, one show each day.

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier