[mythtvnz] Low volume of DVB-T recordings

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sun Apr 25 09:50:56 BST 2010

Jonathan Hoskin wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/421261
>
> For some users TV3 has a lower volume by default because Myth is
> preferring the multichannel AC3 track instead of the AAC track.
>
> Are recordings on other channels quiet as well?

Ahh... thanks. No, that seems to be the answer. I hadn't realised that
it was limited to AC3 recordings, though I did suspect it was only TV3.

 > I have
 > bound a key on my remote to the plus sign "+", which selects the next
 > audio track (AAC).

Thanks, good idea. I'll make it the "VolumeUp" key, as we don't change
the PC volume and it should make more sense to those in the household
less interested in audio formats! It seems a bit of a dirty hack, so
hopefully they fix it fairly soon.

Thanks for such a quick (and helpful) reply!

Regards,

Aaron