[mythtvnz] Good DVB-T USB capture device

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 04:02:21 BST 2010

On 23/04/2010 3:12 p.m., Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:
> I was thinking about that, but there is somewhat disturbing regularity
> to the issue - (like every 30mins or so) but again - TVNZ6 records
> fine from the same tuner, during the same time.

Sounds like a scheduling issue.  Is it every half hour on the half
hour?  If so there might be shows stopping/starting which might be
causing issues for the entire multiplex/tuner.  When I watch tvnz 6 live
(pretty much the only live tv we watch - for the kids) there are a lot
of short programs, as each program starts/ends (according to the EPG)
there is a few seconds of screen corruption.  I assume its because Myth
creates a new file for each show and drops packets or isn't able to do
recording and playback when all that is going on (combined
backend-frontend system).