[mythtvnz] Freeview Channel C42 coming 1 May

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Apr 23 23:18:02 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Freeview Channel C42 coming 1 May

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> I note the subject now being advertised - for all people who have got their EPG licked into shape....
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C42_%28TV_channel%29
>>

> I wonder what sort of epg a 24/7 music channel with no presenters could have?
>
> Of course  if they have programmes like "reggae hour" I can see the
> point of an epg, otherwise what will it be saying?

Yes, no doubt the details will become available in due course.  I'd be surprised if there was not some form of summary EPG broken
down to the hour or so.

Be nice if they emulated the Concert programme details down to the track and time....  (I've only seen that in the Listener though)
That would be cool, it would also challenge the mythweb width settings, all recordings would be "..."   I doubt we'll need to worry
about that though!