[mythtvnz] Freeview Channel C42 coming 1 May

James Gray james6.0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 23:16:13 BST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM,  <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Tortise wrote:
>> I note the subject now being advertised - for all people who have got their EPG licked into shape....
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C42_%28TV_channel%29
>
> Woot.  I'm falling over with enthusiasm.
>
> Seriously though... I guess its like TV3+1 where they're using up some
> bandwidth they lease rather than risk losing it in a reallocation?
> No presenters and no content specific to the channel means the only real
> cost to mediaworks is the copyright fees for broadcasting the music videos.

Well, not even that. If I recall correctly, music videos are free for
broadcasters, as they give the music more exposure. I believe at some
point the record industry tried to demand money for broadcasting, and
broadcasters simply stopped playing them... This didn't last very
long. I tried to find some info, but google isn't being helpful today.