[mythtvnz] Channel_ID for Freeview TV3-plus-1

Daniel Giddens daniel at acsdata.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 03:41:55 BST 2010

touché ........... did that and my original email mentioned my results.

The threads I found confirmed that the channel id is 1926. I found
nothing saying if you use the latest install instructions for egpsnoop
you need to edit X to get tv3+ to work as well. If I searched to fast
then a link to the thread with all my answers would be appreciated :)

My freeview.channels.conf file has

1926|tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv|TV 3 PLUS1|3.jpg|http://freeviewnz.tv/|

this doesn't work :( i.e .... there is no guide data in the xml for
tv3-plus1

So I think you answered part of my question being ... "i'd say most of
us" .... so I now know that it should exist and I shall spend some more
time trying to figure out why.

The freeview.channels.conf file is the hads original with no changes.
And to confirm, this is me extracting the data direct from satellite
using epgsnoop.

epgsnoop --config-dir=/home/myth/.epgsnoop/Freeview/ --adapter=1 --tune
12671 --lnb 10750 > /home/myth/epgdata/freeview.xml

if I search the XML file created from the above then no tv3+ data. All
other channel data is present.

It would be helpful if  anyone can confirm your  freeview channels.conf
file line for the tv3-plus1 channel.

Thanks

Daniel