[mythtvnz] Use different tuner for adjacent recordings

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Tue Apr 20 10:35:41 BST 2010

Nick Rout wrote:
> there are many threads on this on the mythtvusers list. It has been
> debated and explained ad infinitum.

Yes, thanks, I spent several hours (seriously) reading them -- I still
disagree, but that will not get me very far.

I seem bound to accept hard padding and manually override scheduling
clashes just so that I don't have to see-saw between recordings for the
first and last minutes of a program. Given that is the case, I already
know how to change the default record before and record after (which is
under TV Settings > Recording Priorities, for anyone else who struggled
to find it there) and how to turn off the soft padding before and after
(why do we need soft padding after if it is only meant for powering up
the tuner??), but I was hoping that someone could help me change all of
my existing recording rules.

To save me manually going through and changing each Recording Rule, can
anybody think of an SQL statement that would replace all "Begin this
recording on time" and "End this recording on time" with 2 minutes and 5
minutes respectively?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron