[mythtvnz] Has anyone seen the new Zotac units?

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:25:15 BST 2010

On 18 April 2010 17:31, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> They look nice. I wouldn't call it a thin client, more a small PC like a revo.

Fair call, I was just trying to make a distinction from the MBs.  If
you network boot them they will be more like a thin client than a
mini-PC.

I think someone mentioned that they would rather have one of the Zotac
MAG units without the HDD - wish granted.  Now I reckon the only thing
thats missing is a built in IR/RF sensor

>> As you didn't point to a particular product but mention the Atom 510 I
>> assume you are talking about the ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 which has
>> previews here:
>>
>> http://www.legitreviews.com/news/7503/
>> http://www.slashgear.com/zotac-zbox-hd-id11-ion-2-nettop-announced-0276369/
>>
>> and google will find you others. From googling it appears to be ION2
>> which I believe means it's based on an nvidia 2xx series chipset, not
>> 9400 like the ION1. This means it will be able to accelerate more
>> codecs, like xvid, as well as mpeg2 & h264 that ION1 can do.

Looks like they haven't really launched the products yet, at least
from the reviews you posted.  I was just wondering if there was
performance gains to be had from integrating the GPU on the same chip
as the CPU.  Maybe the only gain is the space saving?