[mythtvnz] Has anyone seen the new Zotac units?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 06:24:06 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Ross and Jemima Knudsen
<ross.jemima at gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Giddens wrote:
>> Just built a couple of Zotacs with SSD drives. Did a 7volt mod to the 12
>> volt fan and it is completely silent. It boots in around 10 seconds. It
>> uses HDMI out and the sound works perfectly via the HDMI cable.
>>
>> This board is the perfect front end device. You can source them from a
>> supplier in Auckland which I forget .... google is your friend.
>
> I was meaning the thin client type devices not the MBs (is that what you
> were referring to?).

They look nice. I wouldn't call it a thin client, more a small PC like a revo.

As you didn't point to a particular product but mention the Atom 510 I
assume you are talking about the ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 which has
previews here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/7503/
http://www.slashgear.com/zotac-zbox-hd-id11-ion-2-nettop-announced-0276369/

and google will find you others. From googling it appears to be ION2
which I believe means it's based on an nvidia 2xx series chipset, not
9400 like the ION1. This means it will be able to accelerate more
codecs, like xvid, as well as mpeg2 & h264 that ION1 can do.

i see this computer also has spdif out, which some people want. I
wonder how much it will be in NZ?  The US$199 revo is hard to get here
for less than NZ$600 (I have a daily trademe search).