[mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 17 10:25:46 BST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Whitehouse" <lists at whitehouse.org.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] DVB-T MHEG EPG

> Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>> This is something akin to a csv file inside the MHEG stream but the
>> structure is defined by the actual EPG application which is also in the
>> MHEG stream. As such they can both change at any time.
>
> What sort of application is it? Surely there will be a variety of
> FreeviewHD-approved products out there and they will have to be able to
> deal with updates.

While I do not know I have been thinking along the same lines as Aaron, if they make any significant changes there is a heap of
commercial kit that is going to fall over - and there are going to be a heap of upset users complaining about broken commercial
boxes.   For example the over the air firmware updates are done in blocks of weeks so they are unlikely to happen overnight for all
commercial users.

So while they might be free to make changes, the chances of these happening very often are in my view remote.