[mythtvnz] 0.23 Watch Recordings INFO keybinding

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Apr 14 05:14:39 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 15:57 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> you can bind keys to certain 'contexts'  - eg global, TV playback etc.
> I am not sure of what contexts exist, and whether there is enough fine
> tuning to make the screen you want to change the behaviour for as a
> separate context. There is a key binding editor in both mythweb and in
> the frontend (at least in 0.21).

Thanks, I don't think it's quite that fine unfortunately as far as I can
tell. It looks like I might need to just learn to deal with it or
maintain a local patch. Ug.

> BUT there are now supposed to be 2 menu keys in mythtv, i and m, so
> you really need both bound on your remote anyway.

Yeah definitely need both bound, but it's going to take a lot of
adjustment for some people.

In watch recordings i now brings up the info page and you need to press
m to get the play, mark as watched etc. In mythvideo you still use i to
get the play, mark as watched, etc. menu.

It just seems to be an inconsistency which is going to cause confusion
for a bunch of people for at least the 0.23 release.

> I suspect there will be a LOT more 0.23 users on the mythtv users list
> who may be able to help, although beware the interface war that may
> ensue.

Yeah, which is one of the reasons I asked here instead. The wider mythtv
community can unfortunately be kind of unfriendly, I try and minimise my
exposure :)

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier