[mythtvnz] HP t5735 Thin Client HD Frontend Option with t5735 PCI EXP MOD

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 5 07:40:32 BST 2010

Having wrote this up its not as good as my first impression however I might as well send it in if anyones interested, (I wrote it up
awhile ago and just saved it in a draft) seems there might be some interest, even if its in the negative.  Maybe someone can advance
this?

The advantage I saw in this is that it can have various video cards added, while it may be silent.

The optimal combination would probably be a fanless 9400 PCI card however its not clear if the main box is fanless.  Anyone?
(Orientation is important suggesting it may be fanless) Whether it would cope with the heat output of a PCI 9400GT is not clear, nor
whether there is enough rail power available....  Actually its power supply is 50W, which is the full 9400GT requirement....so there
you have it, not such a good idea!  (No power left for anything else)  I suppose someone really keen could wire in an external more
powerful PS, but starting to get a bit OTT at that point.

All PCI 9500's seem to be fanned.  I've only found 8400 PCI-E x1 cards (http://www.sparkle.com.tw/product.asp?id=79) which could
also plug in?

Audio may well be limited to analogue stereo.

Also not sure if can add enuff HDD memory (I think its 1G onboard? more? A mythbuntu FE uses about 3.4G)  for an image but served
images might be OK?

HP HP t5735 Thin Client

The AMD Sempron processor and high-end graphics delivers desktop-like performance in a slimmer design. This powerful Debian
Linux-based client supports a variety of open-source applications, creating a new paradigm in thin client computing.

Processor:  AMD Sempron 2100+ 1 GHz
Display & Graphics Controller:  ATI Radeon X1250 32 MB DDR2 SDRAM Shared Integrated

HP t5730 t5735 PCI EXP MOD

This high-quality PCI Expansion Module with PCI and PCI Express x1, one parallel and a second serial port, provides a range of
connectivity, storage and security options so you can get the most out of your investment.