[mythtvnz] OT: MySkiHDI

Phill Coxon phill at getresults.co.nz
Fri Sep 25 05:29:32 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 16:09 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:

> perhaps disabled in firmware. They want you watching at least one live
> channel so you see the ads!

Possibly.  Should really call sky and find out if there's a problem with
my box.  I would hope that if they had firmware limited it to recording
only two channels at once it wouldn't cause the box to hardlock and
require a power cycle at the wall to fix it. Grrrr.

> BTW does livetv get 'recorded' like in MythTV? ie can you watch it
> again tomorrow?

Live TV is recorded if you hit the record button.  One you hit record
it's simply added to the list of available recordings that can be
watched at any time until deleted.

Is that what you were asking?

Having live pause, rewind and fast forward is exceptionally useful with
a 3 year old noise generator running around the lounge singing fairy
songs very loudly.

Overall it's quite a nice box apart from the usual evil DRM / closed
source limitations.