[mythtvnz] OT: MySkiHDI

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Fri Sep 25 05:11:53 BST 2009

2009/9/25 Phill Coxon <phill at getresults.co.nz>

> Hmmm. Interesting to see the specs say it can record 3 channels at once
> while watching another.  Certainly not the case in my experience -
> possibly an issue with our MySkyHDi box or a limitation set by Sky NZ...

I would suggest that it is the later, although don't know that for a fact.
Sky use the forth tuner to download On Demand movies which I'm guessing are
'recorded' in real time. These movies also take up ½ your hard drive space
too.

If you were using all four tuners for recording your own shows, then you
might not be able to watch an On Demand movie as it wouldn't be available to
watch. Depends partly on how many times Sky TV 'send' the movie to the STB
too.

The fourth tuner is also used for EPG downloads.

  -- simon