[mythtvnz] Fullscreen display on CRT under Ubuntu

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Sun Sep 20 22:59:39 BST 2009

2009/9/20 Douglas Pearless <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz>

>  I am using 1024x768 on a 15+ year old Mitsubishi 29" CRT .
>
> Here is my xorg.conf; copy the lines *between* the # start file and the #
> end file
>
> Cheers
> Douglas
>
> # start file =>
> # nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
> # nvidia-settings:  version 1.0  (buildmeister at builder57)  Thu Mar  5
> 18:48:47 PST 2009

It looks like Douglas may have at least started out by using the
nvidia-settings gui to create his xorg.conf, It is an excellent tool for
setting up screens and resolutions but I did find when using it on a CRT TV,
the height of the gui (when you go to display configuration) is more than
576 lines and the buttons disappear off the bottom.

--

Barry Clearwater

Email: barryc at bcsystems.co.nz