[mythtvnz] Switching Inputs

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Sep 18 23:08:39 BST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Booth" <james at booths.net.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Switching Inputs

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:36:31 Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 07:59:01AM +1200, Dean Pemberton wrote:
> > I agree.  This bug was why I stopped even considering LiveTV as an
> > option some time ago.
> > The attitude in those links is also why I stopped considering posting
> > bugs some time ago (Imparja SID issue).
> >
> > I just record things and watch delayed.  No ads and I don't channel surf
> > anyway.
>
> Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on both issues.
>
> hads

Thanks. WAF requirements mean LiveTV is a necessity - I'll just have to train her.

Kindly let us know how you do that please?

An alternative is to use a HDHomerun for live TV - if your kit will run a client to the presumed TV3 HD requirement!  I wrote a php
page to run as a remote to it that works from any LAN browser (should include WiFi but not yet tested)  Concept is to control
channels, volume, mute, pause and Full Screen on selected clients devices using VLC.  Needs time to tidy up but concept proven to
work, all be it with some constraints.   Anyone interested in this?