[mythtvnz] Switching Inputs

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Fri Sep 18 06:21:01 BST 2009

2009/9/18 James Booth <james at booths.net.nz>

> I've had two separate DVB-T tuners running for a little while now, and I
> can watch a channel from one multiplex while recording a channel on another
> multiplex, but to do so I have to manually switch inputs, otherwise the
> LiveTV channels get blocked. Is this normal, or should I be able to simply
> move to any channel and Myth with automatically choose an available tuner,
> which is kind of what I expected to happen?

I had this issue with my Nova-T-500 (one card, dual DVB-T tuners). I solved
it by giving the second tuner a higher preference (in mythtv-setup). This
seems to allow recordings to prefer the second tuner, while live tv still
defaults to the first one.

Only time this gets messy is when you are recording two overlapping shows
(which the second show uses the first tuner), and you want to watch live tv.
In this case, you'll still need to manually switch inputs.

  -- simon