[mythtvnz] Fullscreen display on CRT under Ubuntu

Stuart Whelan mythtv at somepointinthefuture.co.nz
Fri Sep 18 05:25:37 BST 2009

I am hoping someone can help me through this...

I am running Ubntu jaunty with a nvidia 9500 GT connecting to a CRT TV
using S-Video.

When I boot ubuntu I only get part of my desktop on the TV. The
centre, and I am missing the top and left of the desktop.

How can I change me xorg.conf to tell X to use a custom resolution (if
that is what I need to to) and to offset my output to the left and up?

If I boot windows XP I get a full 1024x768 desktop on the CRT.

Cheers,
Stuart.