[mythtvnz] Series link

Barry Clearwater barryc at bcsystems.co.nz
Wed Sep 16 23:20:44 BST 2009

2009/9/16 Hadley Rich <hads at nice.net.nz>

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:56:14 Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> >  am well on top of the different MythTV recording options.
> > Occasionally, the complicated options will let you do something very
> > clever.  Usually, I find it far worse than the "Series Link" option in
> > MySky. For example, I often choose "all on this channel", but this often
> > finds the episodes at 10am from several seasons ago.  If I choose a
> > time-related option, it obviously misses episodes that move time or are
> > extra long for a finale etc. I am also aware of using "all on this
> > channel" combined with "no duplicates" to get a complete set, but this
> > also doesn't solve the problem as well as using what the broadcaster has
> > defined as a series.
>
> "Find and record one showing each week" or the daily equivalent catches
> most
> everything.
>
> I'm not aware of any unique identifiers in any publically available data
> but
> would be interested in hearing about it.
>
> hads
> --
> https://nicegear.co.nz

While I have often used the option hads is talking about, I got into a wierd
overlapping situation with TV3 +1 for recording NCIS (for example) when we
missed the first episode and started the record on the plus 1 channel, it
meant that we then had one episode this week (right down to the last hour of
the week!)   We then had to switch to "Record at any time" and get two
copies each week with a WAF factor of "minor irritation". What exactly is in
the MHEG data that we can see on F12, are there xml links to record series
within that info? (I've looked briefly and not seen it either)
Cheers

Barry