[mythtvnz] xmltv

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 00:29:17 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Justin Hyde<ivstinivs at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't think this is the case. I get 7 days ahead with EIT. I use an
>> XML grab for TV One because it breaks out the BBC World programming
>> which the EIT doesn't (although this seems to have stopped working in
>> recent weeks).
> How do you get a mixture of EIT and XML?  I have tried this but mythtv
> got confused (or I didn't set it up correctly) and periods (.) were
> inserted instead of the text.
>
> The reason I was trying to obtain a mixture of data streams was because
> the data for the radio stations, particularly Radio NZ National and
> Concert programmes, are/were missing in the XML grab.  I would prefer
> the data for these streams to be available in the XML grab, but it
> (Radio programme schedule) never shows up in my channel listings after
> running mythfilldatabase.

I find mythweb best for this kind of fiddling, go into tv setup in
mythweb and there is a big table of all your channels. For those you
want EIT, tick the the appropriate box. Also in the setup for your
xmltv grabber make sure you are NOT loading the xmltv info for that
channel. In xmltv_grab_nz-py its as simle as amending the config file.
The format is obvious when you look at it, there a ! or an = in every
line, ! if you don't want the info, = if you do.